LCBR Pool View or Ocean View Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have reservations to visit the Little Cayman Beach Resort in November and currently we have a "split reservation" because we have to stay there for 8 nights due to problems with air flight availability. (It's not really a hardship to spend an extra day on LC!) But our reservation is "split" because they did not have a room that would be available for 8 straight nights and so we will have to move mid-week.

Right now we are scheduled to stay in an ocean-view room for a few days and then move to a pool view room for the remainder of our stay. We are also on a waiting list for an uninterrupted stay in a pool-view room if something opens up. But now I am wondering if the ocean view rooms are worth the extra expense? Should we be on a waiting list for an uninterrupted ocean view room instead?

For those of you that have stayed in both the ocean view and pool view rooms, what are the differences? Are the ocean view rooms worth the extra expense? Is it likely that we will we be "spoiled and disappointed" after staying in a ocean view room for a few days and then moving to a pool view room?

I have stayed in both recently. A few years ago we would pay the extra and get ocean front. The last two trips we stayed pool view. If you are doing the afternoon dives, you will spend very little time in your room and in my opinion, it's not worth the extra for OF. The pool view rooms are very nice. If I remember right, the OF has "upgraded furniture" that includes a leather chair and they have a microwave. I think we used the microwave once or twice to pop some popcorn.

You our can't go wrong with either room. There is an excellent chance that a room will open up where you don't have to switch. Let that decide it for you. If an OF opens up for the entire stay go that way. If it's a pool view go that way. But bottom line, to me it's not worth the extra.

IMO, anywhere in LCBR is great. I stayed in a Pool View Room, knowing how little time awake I would be spending in the room. My room was convenient for the bar and dining room across the long balcony and the dive shop and the ocean on the other side.

To me a big advantage of the OF rooms is more space. You get a bigger comfier seating area in the room and a private deck or patio. The pool view rooms are smaller - I remember a small table and chair crammed in by the window. Outside the pool view rooms is basically the walkway to get to the rooms, not so much a place to hang out. But there are lots of other places to go if you're not in the room, so only you can say if it's worth it to you. Different room sections are slightly more or less convenient to different things, but the place is quite compact and nothing is far anyway.

The OF rooms also have a bit of a kitchenette, which seems mostly pointless at an AI resort. (Though I like really cold beverages and always find a fridge handy, and the counter gets turned into camera space.) Possibly you'll hear less of karaoke night from the OF rooms.

I've stayed in both and prefer ocean front. The rooms are bigger and have a private patio area with unobstructed ocean view ( and access if on 1st floor ). Also, the ocean breeze blowing through the room is lovely with the windows open.

The poolview rooms are fine and I would stay in one again if no oceanfront available. Get's a bit noisy on Karaoke night, but that ends by 11 PM.

I'd stay in the ocean view all the time---if possible.......Sure is nice waking up to these views every morning..My title to that pic says we were in Rm 303.....

IMG_1126050.jpg

IMG_1125049.jpg

I personally prefer the rooms on the other side ( east ) of the dive dock. Broader vista views.

Looking at the photos makes me wish I was on the next flight there.

I guess it's all personal preference and "how much time you spend in your room." Yes, we dive lots, and yes, we spend lots of time by the pool and with friends at the bar. But there is nothing better than the morning coffee with your toes in the sand just outside the OF rooms. We don't get to LCBR often enough but when we do, it is oceanfront all the way. We spend a brutal and cold winter at home and when we go on a dive trip, I have no problem with a few extra bucks for OF. I am an early morning person and trot off to the restaurant to bring coffee back to the room. That early morning hour or so sitting on the room patio, checking email, looking at yesterday's photos, just enjoying the sound of the ocean....well I can tell it's time to book another trip to LCBR and our fav OF room.

We always stay in the Ocean Front rooms. They are a bit bigger and have the afore mentioned microwave and a little fridge. They are also a bit quieter. LCBR has a pretty quiet vibe so the pool view rooms are fine.

From what I remember, all the rooms have the mini fridge but only the OF rooms have the microwave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom