Brac Reef Beach Resort Remodeling in Summer/Fall 2015?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently, while planning our fall vacation to Grand Cayman and Little Cayman Beach Resort, we were considering returning to Brac Reef Beach Resort instead but were told by their agent at Reef Fantaseas that "BRBR is currently not accepting reservations for that period because they MIGHT be doing some remodeling during August though October and possibly into November."

It seems that the resort was waiting for approval (a construction permit?) for the remodeling. Has anyone heard if they are going ahead with construction? What are the remodeling plans? I thought the property looked very good when we were there last fall, but I am sure that it is necessary to regularly update and maintain hotel properties because they receive a lot of use and abuse.

I came across this comment posted on Trip Advisor by a recent visitor to BRBR:

Simply Outstanding! - Review of Brac Reef Beach Resort, Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands - TripAdvisor

Posted by Gary M on March 19, 2015

“…Final note - there were rumors of some facility remodeling/updating that may occur as early as August 2015 - make sure you find out before you go...there may also be some good deals during the remodeling period (if they proceed)”

Last edited:
This is confirmed. Brac Reef Resort will be closed from August 1 to November 14, 2015 while the resort puts in a new pool and builds a new beach bar.

Why not rent a condo and try out the Brac Scuba shack? Just sayin.....:cool2:

What will all the dive shop employees do??------they still gunna take ?any boats out?????---------I would guess not, maybe Barbara's gunna go back to Canada for a (??needed) family vacation????........

This is confirmed. Brac Reef Resort will be closed from August 1 to November 14, 2015 while the resort puts in a new pool and builds a new beach bar.

Wow, I am glad that we decided on LCBR for vacation this year!

What happens to people that had reservations at BRBR during that period? Will they be there during construction or do they have to make other travel arrangements?

I don't think that I would want to vacation in a construction site - but if they work while most folk are out diving that might be okay.

I was just there in October of 2014 and I thought the pool and the beach bar were just fine; I didn't see any problems. Unless they want to make them bigger for the busy season?

Will the staff be layed off for 3.5 months? What about the dive op?

Last edited:
August and September are usually the slowest months in the absence of special pricing and October/November usually has crappy weather. So if they had to pick a time to do it, that is as good as any.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom