Dive Operators out of Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

02HOG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to be in Cayman Brac, southeast end of the island in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for Dive Operators to use?

My vote would be for Brac Scuba Shack. For many years, Martin managed Reef Divers on both Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. He is a very good fellow and I've heard nothing but good reports about his dive operation from people who have used him. During the winter I go out from shore almost daily on Little Cayman and I frequently see Martin's boat out there. It always appears to be a well-conducted dive operation.

I've dived with Brac Reef Divers 3 times and it was a great experience. True valet diving, nice people, and a quality operation.

I haven't dived with the Scuba Shack but I have read good reviews about them. I don't think you can go wrong with either op. Have fun!

Going to be in Cayman Brac, southeast end of the island in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for Dive Operators to use?

Besides diving, were you planning on any other activities on the Brac? We are looking at vacationing in the Brac but would like to do more than just diving.

Scubashack may be closed for the month of August, so you might contact them prior to the trip Can't wait to get back down, had some awesome dives this past May. Have fun

Besides diving, were you planning on any other activities on the Brac? We are looking at vacationing in the Brac but would like to do more than just diving.

What do you like to do? There's not much night life or shopping or attractions on Brac. It is a small quiet island but you can enjoy outdoor activities like biking, hiking, climbing, bird watching, visiting the caves and relaxing in a hammock on the beach.

We like to do a 2 island vacation, and spend time on Grand Cayman enjoying the island's amenities and attractions (and snorkeling and a little diving) before heading to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman for lots of diving and relaxation; maybe something like that would work for you too?

Last edited:
There's not much night life or shopping or attractions on Brac. It is a small quiet island but you can enjoy outdoor activities like biking, hiking, climbing, bird watching, visiting the caves and relaxing in a hammock on the beach.

That's okay. We're not much into night life or shopping. The other activities you mentioned sound pretty enticing.

What do you like to do? There's not much night life or shopping or attractions on Brac. It is a small quiet island but you can enjoy outdoor activities like biking, hiking, climbing, bird watching, visiting the caves and relaxing in a hammock on the beach...

That's okay. We're not much into night life or shopping. The other activities you mentioned sound pretty enticing.

We usually stay at Brac Reef Beach Resort and they provide free bicycles for the guests and we also rent a car for a day to do some exploring.

The resort has a pool and a fitness center and a small spa. They also offer resort activities that sound a bit hokey but are a lot of fun. Everybody gets in on the action of Bingo night including staff and some of the locals! And the Friday night barbecue is very nice. We've been there 3 times and we were never bored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom