Little Cayman trip report, April, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hynan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I made our 11th trip to Little Cayman in mid-April and dove with Conch Club Divers staying at Paradise Villas. This trip was special because one of the previous dive masters with Paradise Divers (no longer in operation) was back for a visit at Paradise Villas. We reminisced with Rod about the old boat Banana Wind and dive masters Vince and Ann. Diving with Conch Club was a class act as always. Owner Bill has always run a solid operation. I turned 68 while we were there and told Bill, who just turned 70, that I appreciated diving with an older captain/dive master, as I knew I would not get discriminated against by my age. Conch Blub Divers has always had excellent dive masters. Matt, however, is leaving Little Cayman this Summer, and we will miss him in the future. While we were there the weather was great, and we got to dive our favorite spots on the South shore in our 5 trips. The dive masters at the resorts are doing a great job of keeping the lionfish population down with their weekly hunt. Grouper were more interested in following divers at multiple sites compared to previous years. We had many dives with old friends from WI who own a unit at the Conch Club. They found a sea horse for us at about 65 ft. off the great wall. Water temps were 81-82 and vis was always great. Paradise Villas was top notch as always with Marc and Sabine doing their best for all customers. Units have new air conditioning systems since our last visit 15 mo. previous. Beds had new frames with headboards, and the new large dressers were a welcome plus! Food and service at the Hungry Iguana restaurant continue to be very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom