Lost my hat, my loss someone's gain.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billinwilliamston

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Did a couple of shore dives out to Babylon last week and lost my hat on one of them. If you happen to run across a hat from Lost Reef in Key West, feel free to throw it in the washing machine and wear it in good health. Chances are very good that it washed up on shore, but we didn't have time to go back and look for it before leaving. I'll post a trip report when I have more time.

By the time I'm there I'm sure someone already recovered it! But, thank you for posting the picture. Looks like you two are very comfortable w/o any wetsuit. I was thinking of packing my shorty and my 1mm wetsuit w a vest. I'm assuming the water temp is between 77-82F..

My condolences... My "Lucky Hat" has been "lost" many times, but I've always successfully located it. Keeping it on in a RHIB travelling at 45+ mph can be a challenge.

My Lucky Hat is from Little Cayman Beach Club. Originally it was red, but now it's a very metrosexual pink. The front edge of the brim is worn and ragged. The material itself is filthy and salt encrusted (until I blow it off my melon, into Lake Huron this year).

None-the-less, I love my hat. And it is indeed "lucky" since I've worn it to virtually every dive I've been on (although I don't recall ever actually wearing it diving, and I have yet to die on one of them, or even having a "near miss"....

Mrs. Stoo is plotting to steal it, and burn it, at the first opportunity. :(

Easy solution to the problem of her trying to burn it? Go back and get another one. I think I have 4 or 5 LCBR hats in various stages of decay around the house. I just buy a new one every time we go just in case.

One of my favorite hats blew overboard when I was living in the Keys. My buddy offered to go in for it but a storm was coming. I really miss that hat.

Easy solution to the problem of her trying to burn it? Go back and get another one. I think I have 4 or 5 LCBR hats in various stages of decay around the house. I just buy a new one every time we go just in case.

Technically, this is #2 of 3 LCBR hats. The first one was my original favorite. It was khaki-coloured. Until Mrs. Stoo made me paint Squaller Holler "Hibiscus" (said with a lisp, while flipping a wrist). My Khaki hat was soon disfigured beyond hope and, well I don't even know what happened to it. #3 is sort of white. Belongs on a gold course. I have no recollection of buying it... mighta been hers.

But I think you might be right... It's not like LCBR is a horrible place.

P.S. "Squaller Holler" is the name of our Tobermory domicile.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2015 at 08:20 PM ----------

One of my favorite hats blew overboard when I was living in the Keys. My buddy offered to go in for it but a storm was coming. I really miss that hat.

Shoulda let him go for it. You can always get another friend... Not so much a favorite hat...

Back
Top Bottom