Little Cayman Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba kbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

We are considering the Little Cayman Beach Resort for an upcoming trip. Has anyone gone and not done the all inclusive? I see they have an option to book the hotel only. I don't really eat a large breakfast in the morning, and I don't see a dinner only option. Do they allow people to pay for dinner in the dining room separately? How about their bar? The website says that the bar has a lighter menu. How is the food at the bar? If we did do all inclusive, does dinner only include the dining room or could you eat from the bar menu as well?

Thanks!

Why dont you just call their US agent, listed on their website. They should have the answers to your questions. I've only gone all inclusive. Bar menu pretty limited as I recall.
They have a breakfast/dinner option as well as the full american plan, which might be a better deal for you. Not too many other food options on the island and no real grocery store.

If it's a cost thing, I understand. It's not cheap, but the food is really good for this type of dive resort. They have a MAP plan that is just breakfast and dinner, but it's so easy peasy (I did say the food is good). I just go, enjoy and realize that for the most part it's the cadillac of AI diving in the Caribbean(certainly opinions may vary) , IMHO. YMMV. I'm headed there in August, again. :)

Why dont you just call their US agent, listed on their website. They should have the answers to your questions. I've only gone all inclusive. Bar menu pretty limited as I recall.
They have a breakfast/dinner option as well as the full american plan, which might be a better deal for you. Not too many other food options on the island and no real grocery store.

I did try calling their reservation line, but they were already closed for the weekend when I posted this. :cool2: I'm planning this last minute, and since a room was available I didn't want to chance on waiting...

Last year at Cayman Brac Beach Resort (the sister organization to LCBR) we arrived at lunchtime before our FAP meal plan started so we bought lunch in the dining room and it was surprisingly expensive. I think that the all-inclusive meal plan is the best option.

Great that you could get a room, LCBR fills up fast. Book your airfare soon because we are going to LCBR in the fall but we had trouble finding seats on a return flight.

We generally go in August. There IS NO PLACE ELSE to eat on Little Cayman at that time. There is a convenience store that is a short hike away. The bar serves burgers and stuff. I have always taken the full meal plan, so I have not tried the bar food. You could eat breakfast and dinner and if you were hungry make do at the bar especially if you are not really lunch eaters anyway.

Hello,

We are considering the Little Cayman Beach Resort for an upcoming trip. Has anyone gone and not done the all inclusive? I see they have an option to book the hotel only. I don't really eat a large breakfast in the morning, and I don't see a dinner only option. Do they allow people to pay for dinner in the dining room separately? ow about their bar? The website says that the bar has a lighter menu. How is the food at the bar? If we did do all inclusive, does dinner only include the dining room or could you eat from the bar menu as well?

Thanks!

You didn't do much of your own research, did you? If you want to save money on your meals, get the MAP with breakfast and dinner rather than the full meal plan.

Yes, you can pay for dinner separately by billing it to your room. You can do the same for the bar menu. I have not done either, but IIRC, the price for the individual meals is quite steep and would likely be similar to the price of the meal plan inclusive package if you didn't carefully consider what you ordered or which meals you ate where. I have considered doing the MAP plan (Breakfast and dinner only) and just bringing a jar of almond butter and a bottle of honey and buying a loaf of bread and a bag of chips at the store for lunch, but haven't done that yet. The food is really so good at all meals there it is hard to want to pass it up now that I know what I will be getting.

About 10 years ago I worked as a DM at LCBR. We used to laugh at the guests who came in the summer on the MAP and then sat around the pool eating chips for lunch. They were the stingiest tippers ever! But to an earlier point...you can get lunch at the Hungry Iguana or at the Beach Bum Café. Either would probably be more expensive than at LCBR. Also, the bar food isn't bad. I've had plenty of their fish tacos.

I normally dislike "all inclusives" because of the over-commitment involved. But with LCBR it is different; there are very few other places to eat in Little Cayman and so the fact that the meals are included in the price, ready and waiting is a blessing. Furthermore, the buffet grub in LCBR was superb, varied and plentiful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom