Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koots

Reaction score
My wife and I dove GC last January, loved the diving, however, thought it was way over-crowded (and this was supposedly in their "off" season- per some of the residents).

We're from Chicago, so we like the short/ direct flight (makes a 4-day weekend of diving easy to do).

Anyone have any suggestions on were to stay? (we stayed at the Hyatt on 7-mile beach). Somewhere quiet (and close to great diving) is a must.

Thanks in advance!

Check out Cayman Dive Lodge. Do a quick Yahoo search and it will come up. Should fit the bill. Somewhere closer to town? Try Sunset House.

Hope this helps

K

There's a couple quiet areas on Gr Cayman. In the NW, there is Cobalt Coast, a very nice smaller hotel. Dive Tech has a shop there and is a great op, dives the north which is better than the west and gets you away from the crowds in the water. An all-inclusive Spanish Bay Reef is also there, I haven't been there but I understand it's on the more moderate side. This area is quiet but at the same time not a far drive to the shopping and restaurants if you want them.

The East End has the Reef resort and Morritt's Tortuga Club, both mostly timeshare condos you can rent. Ocean Frontiers and Tortuga Divers are the dive ops out there and there is great diving on the east end. No crowds there either. There is also Cayman Dive Lodge out that way, another more moderate all-inclusive that many people seem to like.

There is also the Rum Point area, I know someone who rented a condo there and enjoyed the area, but I have no idea what the options are for dive ops around there.

Even staying to the south of Georgetown (eg. Sunset House, though if you're more of a Hyatt than a Motel 6 person you might not like it - I don't) or a condo at the northern end of 7M beach would be quieter but still close to things if that's what you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom