East or West end diving in Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvspoodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. My husband and I are leaving for Cayman on Friday. We are staying at the Turtle Nest Inn. I believe its in Bodden Town. We have signed up to dive with Divers Down on the West Side. I have only about 20 dives under my belt. I am getting advanced certification in August, but still feel somewhat apprehensive (scared) when I dive, although I love it and it has been a life changing experience! We chose to dive on the west end because I have gotten seasick before and I heard that the West is calmer. I do think that my seasickness has to do with my being nervous before a dive. My question is, do you think that after I get a few dives in and my confidence up, that we should go diving on the east side? Is it really better there or will we not be missing much if we stay on the west and north end, where Diver's Down takes us? Also, has anyone had experience with Diver's Down before? We plan on doing lots and lots of diving so I would love your input! Is diving on the east really hard with lots of choppy waves? Thank you so much for your time.

luvspoodles:
... My question is, do you think that after I get a few dives in and my confidence up, that we should go diving on the east side? Is it really better there or will we not be missing much if we stay on the west and north end, where Diver's Down takes us?

...Is diving on the east really hard with lots of choppy waves? Thank you so much for your time.
The coral around East End is notably healthier. That said, as a new diver I'm sure you will have a great time no matter where you decide to dive.

East End is the windward end of the island. That means that the seas will almost always be choppier than the west side, but perhaps similar to the seas on the North Wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom