Water temps in Coz for early November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I sent an email to the dive op I'm diving with in early November but have not heard back from them. I think they might view my question as too stupid to answer :) They might be right. I'm trying to decide which wetsuit to bring, 1 mil or 3 mil. I don't usually get cold. Am I right that water temps in early Nov would be around 83*?

Did a search but could not find the answer. Is there a place to get Coz water temps?

pilot fish:
I sent an email to the dive op I'm diving with in early November but have not heard back from them. I think they might view my question as too stupid to answer :) They might be right. I'm trying to decide which wetsuit to bring, 1 mil or 3 mil. I don't usually get cold. Am I right that water temps in early Nov would be around 83*?

Did a search but could not find the answer. Is there a place to get Coz water temps?

Take the 3 mm . Youll never ruin agreat dive for such a detail. temp is great at that time of the year, but do you know ho long you will stay in the water? A 3mm shorty will suit perfectly and without a hood you will feel light AND covered

hallboy:
Take the 3 mm . Youll never ruin agreat dive for such a detail. temp is great at that time of the year, but do you know ho long you will stay in the water? A 3mm shorty will suit perfectly and without a hood you will feel light AND covered

It's a full length 3 mil, not a shorty. It's a bit of a pain putting on and taking off so if I could avoid the 3 mil it would be nice. The 1 mil is so much easier but I would not want to ruin a dive by getting cold. Usual dive time would be 40 min to 60 min, I would guess. I would just take both but I want to keep my luggage weight down. Do you know the approximate water temps for Nov?

pilot fish:

They'll probably run between 78 & 82. Take the 3mm...take both if you can. You might check over on the Cozumel section of the Mexican forum.. You'll get a lot of advice there. I'll be there the first week of December. I'll dive a 3mm.

Regards,

Cudabait:
They'll probably run between 78 & 82. Take the 3mm...take both if you can. You might check over on the Cozumel section of the Mexican forum.. You'll get a lot of advice there. I'll be there the first week of December. I'll dive a 3mm.

Regards,

78*? Yeah, that would be a 3 mil. Might as well take both and deal with the extra weight. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom