Malaria drugs and scopalamine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greta-inbaja

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, I have searched and read all the malaria drug threads. In Asia we took malerone. no side effects. Now we are going to Honduras, diving in Utila and Guanaja, but also traveling around on the mainland. My husband already gets wild dreams while on Scopalamine. I am trying to find info on the combo on Chloroquin and scope or Malerone and scop. The other sea sickness drugs don't work for him. He gets violently ill (I am SO lucky he still dives with me) Would a non diving Pharmacist or MD be able to help. So far none of my Docs in Reno,NV have a clue about diving. I just bring them the cdc stuff and they write me an RX. Any input would be greatly appreciated. We leave Jan 23.

MD wife and diver says looking at the CDC site and a drug interaction site the Chloroquin and scope may be best combo. Plus you only take Chloroquin once a week. The dream thing is an individual issue.

Back
Top Bottom