Best diving in C.A.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,
I'm from the UK and am planning a trip for this easter, haven't got long to sort it out. SO I'll be coming a long way, where is the best diving in C.A. and any other details most helpful. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I like big stuff and Mantas.

C'mon guys! Where is the best diving in C.A. and does it beat the best of Asia?

The "best" is arguably Cocos Island 300 miles off Costa Rica.
Rocky pinnacles surrounding Cocos are beacons for big animals and big action. Schooling hammerheads, countless white-tip sharks, mantas, tuna and even whale sharks call Cocos home.
But it's liveaboard diving and popular - There may not be space available this late. One option: Aggressor: Cocos Island, Costa Rica, scuba diving, Hammerhead Sharks - Undersea Hunter is another possibility.

<-- We saw some big things off Utila (6 of them) but you can only snorkel with them there. Several dives there were big grouper, once we saw some big Oceanic triggers - must've been 4-5' long. Only saw 1 or 2 sharks all week though.

You can dive with whale sharks in Belize off Gladden Spit - either staying near Placencia or on one of the nearby atolls. But only certain weeks during/after the full moon. Check with Splash Belize or Avadon divers for dates/details.

Roatan is more small stuff except for the Waihuka shark dive or the dolphins at Anthony's Key Resort. On the north side we saw a lot of smaller turtles and the occasional grouper. Might've seen a few rays also...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom