Info needed on Aquacenter Diving and Playa Flamingo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in urgent need of information on Aquacenter Diving, based in Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica. I would love to know from anyone with any experiences of the place, whether just diving or from workng with them.

What is the diving like?
Conditions - temp, viz, marine life etc..?
How is the area - safe, stuff to do, internet etc..?
How did you rate Aquacenter as a dive operator?

Any other info. would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy

I dive with Aquacenter in Flamingo all the time. It is a well run outfit with good rental equipment and clean compressors. The staff is helpful. The diving is at the Catalina Islands, which are directly in front of Flamingo beach, so the ride is shortest from Flamingo than anywhere else.

The water seems always cooler than they tell you. I have found it in the mid 70s and I have a few times felt under-protected. Personally I am using a 5mm to be guaranteed to be warm enough. My 3mm is sometimes lacking.

I dive also with Pacific Coast Divers, also in Flamingo. It is equally professional and I bounce back and forth, depending on who is going out the days I want to dive. I am mostly there off-season, so they don't always go out.

Aquacenter is connected to Flamingo Marina Resort and PCD with Flamingo Beach Resort. I live in Conchal, so its easy to get to either for me. Either will arrange rides or pick you up themselves from anywhere in the area.

Back
Top Bottom