Diving in Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am going to Costa Rica July 29 to August 5 and I'm looking for a place to go diving one day. I was planning on staying in Drake Bay because of its proximity to Corcovado national Park and I am trying to do more than just diving. Does anybody know of good dive shops in Drake Bay? Most of the places I have found that go out to Cano Island are based in Dominical.

Just a little more info for you...I am planning to do a day of diving, a day of learning how to surf (or more if I end up really liking it as I've never surfed before) and the rest of the time exploring the rainforest and other outdoors stuff in and around Corcovado National Park. Staying in Drake Bay would be best as I will not be renting a car, just flying to and from San Jose to wherever I end up staying and Drake Bay seems to have the easiest access to Corcovado. I have also found a few nice looking places for very cheap ($10-$15 per night) to stay in Drake Bay. If you have any other suggestions about other things to do or the best town to stay in please let me know, I appreciate any advice I can get.

Last July we stayed at a place called Hotel Jintes del Oso. It was absolutely perfect and wonderful. We dove several different sites around Cano plus went to Cocovado and took some other tours. Too much to do and not enough time. Hotel Jintes has a dive shop right on site. We always take our own gear but their equipment was in top notch shape. The captain and dive masters were knowledgable about the fishes and critters below the surface as well as the birds, insects and other animals above the surface. As you can tell, I am enthusiastic and impressed. Check out their website. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom