Tamarindo June 27th-July 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robbybad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going down with my girl and bringing my dive gear. She's not a diver so I'm looking for people who might be down there at the same time to buddy up with and jump on a boat.
It's my first trip to Costa Rica and I'm also a big surfer, but would love to be under the surf for a day or two if I can plan it out.
Does anyone know if dive boats are usually full down there and if I'll have a problem getting on one or finding other divers to dive with?
Thanks in advance for your insights.
~Rob:)

the boats are not usually so full, I was the weekend pass to flamingo, close to tamarindo, and ask on Saturday to go Sunday, we were 4 diver and two instructors. though we are in the rainy season, the last weekend that I had very good visibility.

This video was taken on that trip
YouTube - ‪Diving Flat Rock, Flamingo, Costa Rica‬‏

Thanks for the video and the heads up. Were the conditions topside ok or were they not so great? I've heard that if you are trying to go to catalina islands out there you probably won't make it depending on the weather.

Back
Top Bottom