Diving Around Guanacaste in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have been planning a vacation around Thanksgiving 2011, and have been thinking about utilizing some Hilton Points to stay at the Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa, Guanacaste.

I'd be excited to explore C.R. in general but diving conditions are also a priority. Is Nov. a good time of year for diving conditions?

We're both Nitrox and Advanced certified divers, living in South Florida and dive more than the average bears, we are experienced and comfortable with drift diving.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Check out Diving Safaris. I believe they service the Hilton. Dove with them late November for a week and the diving was great, close local sites and the Catalinas.
Fine and friendly dive-op. January diving with them has also been fun.

How is the visibility and water temp in Nov-Dec off the coast of Guanacaste? My gf and I are planning a trip for that timeframe. Thanks in advance

Water temps are 80-82 degrees with some thermoclimes but very comfortable with warm surface intervals. The viz varied from 25 to 60 ft., averaging 40 to 50 ft.
Lots of great marine life.

We have been planning a vacation around Thanksgiving 2011, and have been thinking about utilizing some Hilton Points to stay at the Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa, Guanacaste.

I'd be excited to explore C.R. in general but diving conditions are also a priority. Is Nov. a good time of year for diving conditions?

We're both Nitrox and Advanced certified divers, living in South Florida and dive more than the average bears, we are experienced and comfortable with drift diving.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

We stayed there about four years ago, and used the onsite dive-op, Resort Divers. They were very accomodating and professional in every way. The local diving, especially Monkey Head, is outstanding, and we did both the Bats and the Cats with them, was well. Really convenient, as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom