Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drega

Registered
Reaction score
I have never been to Costa Rica. I am planning a trip this October. Does anyone have any suggestions on dive spots, dive boats, etc.?

I would postpone your trip until at least December. October is the rainy season for the entire Pacific coast. The only area you will be able to count on diving is the northern part of the Pacific coast. The Caribbean coast is rainy year round and sometimes you can dive, most often not. December-April is the dry season on the Pacific and there are dive sites accessible from most areas. I have not been to the Bat Islands, as they are usually inaccessible except during our summer and I cannot vacation then, but the Catalinas and Cano Island are outstanding. Even last year with unusual tropical downpours in February, Cano was great.

I am trying to put together a dive trip to Costa Rica for the middle two weeks of January, if you have any interest send me a PM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom