Costa Rica Trip Jan 7-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dolesorchard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to put together a trip to Costa Rica, focused on diving with some other fun things thrown in. We need four more people to make it work. The cost is $2500/diver or $1800/nondiver. This includes all ground transportation, lodging, six days of diving and other activities. The evening at Tabacon includes dinner and the Nauyaca waterfall trip includes breakfast and lunch. Air and other meals are not included. My wife and I have been to all areas of the country and have been diving both Caribbean and Pacific coasts for ten years. Below find the itinerary for the trip that I think is a good intro to the best diving available and a few other things we have enjoyed in the past.

Jan 7 Arrive SJO, drive to Poas Volcano Lodge
Jan 8 Drive to Poas Volcano National Park, view the active crater, hike up to the lake in the extinct crater, then drive to Arernal observatory Lodge, settle in then head for Tabacon Hotsprings for dinner and an evening playing in the 104 degree flowing hot tub under your own waterfall.
Jan 9 Drive to Bahia Del Sol in Potrero.
Jan 10 Dive Catalina Islands, two tank trip
Jan 11 Dive Catalinas again
Jan 12 Drive to Rincon De La Vieja National Park for a day of ziplines, white water tubing and a spa at Hacienda Guaichipelin.
Jan 13 ` Dive the Catalinas again.
Jan 14 Drive to Club Fred in Ojochal.
Jan15 Dive Isla Del Cano, three tank trip
Jan 16 Either kayak out to Isla Ballena to snorkel or horseback ride into Nauyaca waterfalls.
Jan 17 Dive Cano again.
Jan 18 Dive local sites, two tank trip.
Jan 19 Drive Ojochal to Trogon Lodge in San Gerardo de Dota
Jan 20 Get up early to view quetzals, then drive to Poas Volcano Lodge with an optional tour of the Doka Estate, the largest coffee plantation in the country
Jan 21 SJO to home.

If you have any interest, please send me a pm or email at dolesorchard@gmail.com.

OK, I have had this up here for over two weeks and have had over 100 views, and no comments, questions or response at all. Doesn't anyone have any interest or is the trip too long or not enough diving? Any input is welcome.

This trip sounds great with a perfect mix of diving and other activities. For working folk
like me, 14 days is a lot of vacation to burn. I plan on doing everything you listed when I go. I will just have to spread mine across two separate trips.

I am a working stiff as well, but my business is very seasonal. Being a farmer, I work every day from when the snow is gone until November, that's why I'm in Roatan right now.

DolesOrchard, For info about CR lodging and travels, take a look at Fodor's Forum on CR. There is hardly any diving info there, but you can get many questions answered.

Please post your trip report - we are planning to move there in 4+ years and would love any diving info you can provide. Thanks!

or email me direct 4deckers@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom