Tamarindo Diving?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saskdiver911

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I'm heading to Tamarindo in mid January to stay at a condo. Want to do a few dives local for my gf to do her open water dives. Then I would like to get a day trip to each the Catalina's and of course the Bat islands. Do they do Bats from Tamarindo or am I better off driving closer then boating? I'm assuming Catalina's won't be a problem from Tamarindo because it's close. Any dive shop recommendations?? Hope someone can help...

Thanks!

Justin

The Catalinas are great then, but you cannot get to the Bats at that time of year, the seas are too high. I don't think any dive shops even consider the trip in January. I have used Costa Rica diving in Flamingo and been happy, Harald and Barbara are a unique couple. I can't speak to their teaching ability. My wife got certified at El Ocotal Resort and they were fantastic, it is an hour or so from Tamarindo. El Ocotal is probably my favorite dive op anywhere, but it is a long boat trip from there to the Catalinas and the Cats are the best diving in the area. I have a trip planned for the middle two weeks of January and we will be staying in Potrero and diving with Costa Rica Diving the first week.

Ahh No Cats? That's to bad, was looking forward to going head to head with some Bulls! An hour might be a little far for us so we might try and find a spot a little closer if possible. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom