Diving at/or near the RIU Guanacaste Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi!

I am tentatively planning a trip to Costa Rica later in the year and have been looking at the RIU Guanacaste. Can anyone offer any comments about the house operator Scuba Caribe or if there is a better operator within easy distance of the resort. I would also appreciate any tips about diving in this part of Costa Rica...best dive to spot sharks for instance.

Thanks guys!

Bob

The Riu is somewhat isolated. The nearest offsite dive operator is El Ocotal Resort. I my wife got certified there and when we used them they were top notch. Recently someone posted here that they were very disappointed with the whole resort. In the opposite direction is Flamingo with a couple of operations, our favorite being Costa Rica diving. We have no experience with the in house operation.

You will probably see white tips on any dive in the area, but the Catalinas are probably the premier sites in the area. We have had some spectacular dive there with mantas and whales.

Last edited:
I have a couple of friends going this week and asked them to give some feedback. Will post when I hear from them.

Thanks very much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom