Costa Rica Advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cmaustin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi There,

Just need some last minute advice before booking a trip today.

Looking at two hotels the Alegro Papagayo and the Barcelo langosta beach.

My understanding is the Barcelo is further south in tamarindo while the Allegra is in the Papagayo area.

we are really hoping to be able to dive the Bat islands primarily as I really want to see a shark (I know the Ocean is not an aquarium and there is not guarantees). so would staying at the Allegro be easier for us to get to the bats?

Which would be better for the catalina islands?

Booking this vacation has been exhausting trying to figure out the best location.

Flamingo is just north of Tamarindo and is the closest point to the Catalinas. We have used Costa Rica Diving there and been very happy. It is a really long boat ride from there to the Bat Islands though. From Ocotal or Playas Del Coco it is a significantly longer boat ride to the Catalinas.

I have contacted Costa Rica Diving and it looks like I will be able to do Cats quite easily but they require 8 passengers to make the trek to the Bats. Would it smarter just to rent a car for a day and see if I can find a shop closer that is going? And my understanding is most dive shops will not take you to Bats unless you do a day of local diving with them but I dont really want to drive the 90mins both ways for more than one day.

Talk to Harald at Costa Rica Diving he has joined with another shop in the past to put a trip together.

Back
Top Bottom