RIU Guanacaste

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking at Costa Rica as my next trip destination and I can get a great deal on the RIU Guanacaste from here in Toronto.

Can anyone give me a quick review of the hotel. In addition to the quality of the hotel and food, I'm particularly interested in how close it is to decent diving and what operators might pick up there.

Thanks!

Bob

I have not been to the hotel, but the diving is great there. The Catalinas are not far and there are dive shops in both Ocotal and Flamingo. I have used El Ocotal Resort's dive shop and Costa Rica Diving. Costa Rica Diving is in Flamingo and we have used them several times since 2002. We have been pleased with Harald and he is a very funny guy.

I was booked last summer at the Riu.The only dive shop option was Scuba Caribe the hotel dive shop. They do not go to Bat Island in the summer.So I cancelled the hotel. The closest other dive shop is El Ocotal Beach. You have to pay your own transportation. It is about a 20 min. taxi ride.

these days in Catalina its very well, but they are also bat islands but are far away, to go to Catalina islands it is best to stay in Flamingo, there are hotels from $90 to $600 the night. from cocos beach to go to Catalina extra charge on the dives. in either case is over going to bat, the dive centers do not have regular departures.

Back
Top Bottom