Sourcing portable compressor & scuba gear in Panama, Costa Rica or El Salvador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
We are looking at do some coral reef surveys for baseline research during a Pacific crossing to Australia in September, mostly the Line Islands <i can send you project outlines if you have an interest!>....or of course, wish to donate/support :^ )

This is a low budget/volunteer group of experienced sailor/science/dive personnel... Working directly withOceanswatch.com. However, i need some advice and suggestions as to how and where I might source a good portable dive compressor and a dozen decent tanks in the El Salvador/Costa Rica/Panama region.

Please if you have ideas or contacts that might know this region well enough to get me connected with some potential sources please forward ASAP...thanks​

you want to buy a compressor and tanks, or rent during the operation?

This is a one way trip to Australia so rental is out of the question.... we are hoping to find re-furbished or gently used gear to buy at a discounted price. Also,
if we could find a company to give a really good price we could buy new....but we are a group of volunteers paying our own way... so money is tight. We could offer a company lots of free and good PR as a sponsor. Thanks for your interest and response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom