Infinity Bay Resort, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not too much reportage activity in regards to IB here on SCUBABoard. I understand what you think you need, but more importantly- what were you looking for in a dive resort? If you stated your real needs, possibly someone with intimate knowledge could tell you if it would work for you- even if it didn't fit their needs.

Looking at their website under "Diving to your heart's content", I see that you can buy the dive package which includes 10 dives, no more can be added at that rate. There are no pictures of their dive boats. The two dive sites that they feature prominently in photographs are not part of their dive package- they are only at an additional charge. They have an odd take on what days that Night Diving is best, and there is a charge for that. In that there is no schedule given for their boat departures or number of tanks/dives per excursion, it is impossible to say if you would have to miss a package-included boat dive only to pay extra for the Shark Dive, the Dolphin deal, or something like Mary's Place dive site, but it looks likely that this is the case. Doing an available shore dive between the allowed times of 0800 and 1500 might also lose you a boat dive departure, and it means that the only way to night dive is to buy the additional boat dive.

The only dive package shown includes only a "high protein breakfast", and since the resort is in a fairly isolated zone, that either means that you are eating at their restaurant or taking a water taxi to West End for other meals.

I would imagine that someone like you with 5000+ dives would find it rather a waste of time- but- I'm only reading and analyzing their website. I do know that the dive sites that they list are quite nice.

---edited to add....

I just looked at your post history. You are a travel broker of some sort. So I imagine that you are considering sending a group to IB and are looking for some affirmation. Best of luck on this, as the way you sell your trip, the individual desires of your customers... that will be hard to mesh-into reports that you garner from the internet. There is no substitute for an on-site visit by you.

If your guests are looking for a vacation with some diving, this could be right for them.

Been to the property multiple times, ate and drank at the pool bar many times, swam in the pool once... what exactly do you want to know?

Reactions: Doc
My wife and I were there in March. Nice place. They are building a new lobby building when we were there. Food at the resort was good, but slow to recieve and fairly expensive compared to places just a short walk down the beach. When I booked the trip, we had five days of three tank boat diving and unlimited shore diving. I asked about solo and night diving and they said not a problem. When we were there, they wouldn't allow solo diving and the shore night dive we did they tried to charge us $40 per person when we checked out even though they only supplied tanks and weight. I would make sure that you have the diving you expect to do in writing before you book anyone a package using their dive center. Verbal didn't work out so well....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom