Guanacaste Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DepthCharge

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm headed to Guanacaste Costa Rica in Janurary. Anyone have an idea of water temps that time of year?
Also nitrox availability seems to be very lacking............any reason for this (very disapointing)?
Thanks,
John

We have never seen Nitrox in Costa Rica, don't know why other than it is not a really common place for a trip where you would be doing 4-5 dives per day on an exclusively diving trip. There are so many great things to do there its hard to imagine just diving. Normally we have seen temps in the low 80s at depth, but on one trip we had mid 70s at the surface and mid 60s at depth. That trip there was an unusual current from the north, but it was a very plankton rich current and the amount of life of every description was unbelievable. There are more dive sites in Guanacaste, but our favorite part of the country is the southern part of the Pacific coast, from Dominical south.

Temperatures vary all year round but usually January is not too cold a 3 mm long would be sufficient.
We do carry NItrox so if you want send us an email and see what we can do for you :)

Brenda

Temperatures vary all year round but usually January is not too cold a 3 mm long would be sufficient.
We do carry NItrox so if you want send us an email and see what we can do for you :)

Brenda

Brenda,
Thanks for the reply. I'll be staying at the Riu there. I was hoping to bring my GEM rb (that's the reason I bought it, sometimes too difficult to travel with full CCR). So if you can give me some idea of what can be worked out.....how to get to the boat/or picked up, 36 0r 40% Nitrox etc. I would love to do business with you if possible.
Thanks,
John

We do offer pick up service at the Riu but we need amin of 3 divers. So please get in touch with us a few weeks before your trip and we can see if we have more inquiries.
The GEM from Kiss? maybe beter you don't bring it cuz my husband will be frustrated lol. he has been looking at the Kiss for ever haha
let me know if you need anything else besides nitrox.
dive@richcoastdiving.com

I stayed at the RUI, and dove with Rich Coast last winter. Both good decisions. The drive to Rich Coast is easy with a rental car.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom