Scuba School Belize, now open on Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caxy Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Announcing we have open our doors for a proper PADI training facility located just south of town. Scuba School Belize has been established by 2 instructors who have owned a successful dive center in the past and now feel it is time to offer proper scuba training in Belize. This is not to say that several dive centers on Ambergris Caye do not do proper training it is that we are specializing in Scuba training. PADI / SDI
M0015907.jpg

"Scuba School Belize has been established by 2 instructors who have owned a successful dive center in the past and now feel it is time to offer proper scuba training in Belize. This is not to say that several dive centers on Ambergris Caye do not do proper training"

Very pretentious attitude.............i wonder what happened to your "previous" establishments with views like this.

You are correct we started Ecologic Divers in 2005 and sold it 4 years later.(Ecologic it a dive tour operator) SSB is specializing in the TRAINING of PADI and SDI. We are working along with the other dive companies to assist them if they run short on instruction staff. Our goal is to train the new divers and make the current diver better.
We will be following standards set forth by PADI / SDI and NOT rushing the student along just to get them certified.

thank you El Gaucho

Last edited:
"and rushing the student along just to get them certified."

I would guess you meant NOT rushing the student along ...

Tough crowd.
Boy, I'd say!
I think they still had their torches lit and their pitch forks sharpened from the "Bad dive experience in Belize" thread.
Looks like you're going to be doing some good things down there Scuba School Belize - Welcome to the board!

I thought Jr left Ecologic to start his own shop, under the same name as this one, in 2010. I hope this isn't another case of having outside investors build the shop, then undercutting local prices to build the client base, only to sell the shop for a profit and then watching it go under or struggle without the outside financial support. The last thing Ambergris needs is another opportunistic dive shop that prevents well run local shops from generating a profit. Outside investment can be good, but not when it contributes to the downfall of an industry. I wish Steve and Jr the best of luck. I just hope their intentions are genuine.

Ken, We appreciate the encouraging words and look forward to seeing you on your return to San Pedro. Yes this is and extension of the School Jr. started in 2010 up at White Sands Resort. We had this opportunity to open south of town and add a training pool to the facility.
We understand the concern of dive centers under cutting each other. rest assured we will not be one of those,
as our focus is in training first

Back
Top Bottom