Costa Rica October Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am going to be in Costa Rica from October 6th to the 14th, we will be staying in Quepos and a few of us would like to spend one or two days of the trip diving. Does anyone have recommendations for this time of year? We will have a rental car so we can travel a bit to get to a destination but we are sharing the car so closer is better. Can anyone recommend sites/companies and maybe touch a bit on price and what wildlife to expect/hope for? Thanks so much!!

---------- Post Merged at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Oops, one more note, if there are any locals that check this thread out, we would also like to do some good hiking and site seeing, basically all the traditional tourist spots so if you have any recommendations for things to try, places to go that would be great as well! I'd like to spend the whole trip underwater but I've got a few non-divers with me :)

Hola Coll! We are the only dive shop based in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area. I would love to hlpe you out with the diving but unfortunately during the month of October we take the boat out of the water due to the unpredictable rains and dive conditions! The nearest dive operation that will be going out is in playa del coco in the north which will be around 4 - 5 hours drive north. The cano island dive sites in the south are also unfortunately closed for the month of October. I'm so sorry about that but can still help you out with recommendations for other fab trips during that time, including, rafting, canyoning, and national park hiking which are still great this time of year. Drop me a line at the dive shop and I can forward you some info on the local area and help you get some fun stuff planned !

dive@scubadivingcostarica.com

Noooo! That's so disappointing! Would you recommend the diving at Playa del Coco? We would probably have to drive up there and spend the night right?

Noooo! That's so disappointing! Would you recommend the diving at Playa del Coco? We would probably have to drive up there and spend the night right?

We are currently in Costa Rica...staying at Playa Hermosa which is about 7 km from Playa Coco. We used the dive op Rocket Frog and they were awesome! The diving is great too! Tons of life'. We did 14 dives and only 3 of those dives we did not see sharks! I highly recommend taking some time and heading up this way for some diving. The dive shop is located in Ocotal which is about 2 km from Playa Coco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom