Costa Rica in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfortin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are traveling to Costa Rica and are tryin to decide if we should stay on the pacific or Caribbean side. Where is the best diving and where is it good to access all the adventurous activities. Need quick advice. Let me know!!!

More often than not you cannot dive on the Caribbean coast because of near zero visibility. In my opinion, the best diving short of Coco is Isla Del Cano off the southern Pacific coast. The Catalinas are also good, but usually poorer visibility and in January it can be very rough due to the Papagayo winds. I have four openings for a ten day trip Jan. 18-28 with diving at Isla Del Cano available for four of those days. If you have any interest, send me a PM or visit Costa Rica Eco Tours | Adventure excursions to one of the world's most ecologically diverse places.

Another good option for that time of year is the Manuel Antonio area. You can access all of the adventure tours you are looking for like rafting, ziplining, kayaking, canyoning, etc and from Manuel Antonio you can dive locally around the national park, which is one of our best time of years for diving there, and also visit Cano island from there. Its a good base to hit both diving and beach, and adventure tours and bars and etc, etc. Drop us a line at Oceans Unlimited and I can give you some more info.

Back
Top Bottom