Costa Rica mid February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deskjockey

Registered
Reaction score
I am flying into San Jose, Costa Rica 20-26 Feb and am looking for suggestions. Seems like the Drake Bay area is best for that time of year. I am looking for accommodations and dive packages. I will want to dive 3-4 days. I don't need posh but somewhere comfortable in case diving is blown out.

Thanks,

Hola hola,
I hvae already sent you a PM. If its 3 - 4 days, instead of traveling down to drake bay, why not consider a cano island liveabord ? thats a good option and will allow you to cover all of the cano island sites, in a couple of days without taking the days out to travel to Drake Bay ?

Deskjockey,
for such a short time you may consider to fly to Bahia Drake as you will loose too much time with driving there.
There are not so much dive sites at Isla del Caño so 2 or 3 days of diving will be enough to dive the best dive sites there and
in case that you encounter not so good dive conditions you can do some other awesome stuff there.
The way back to San Jose can be done again by plane or you may rent a car and drive up the coastal road and do
some stop over with diving in Manuel Antonio and/or Herradura.
End of February is usually the best time to see the giant manta Rays here and generally it is the best time to dive the pacific of Costa Rica.
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom