Any reports from Coiba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buton,
I'm going to Coiba in March 2013. I would GREATLY appreciate your trip report when you return. I am particularly interested in water temperature and water currents in order to pack the appropriate thermal protection and fins.
Thank you

in less than 30 days i will be there :)

i will make the report...

Any suggestions for land based activites from Panama City? Panama Canal??? Others?

How long will you be in Panama jake11? We took the train to Colon, loved the train but didn't stay in Colon, then up to Isla Grande, beautiful drive, enjoyed the island very much, didn't dive there, the rooms were terrible, food was good, very peaceful but we were there mid-week. As for in Panama City, Miraflores locks, Casco Viejo - really enjoyed.

thanks for the tips! We will have about 3 extra days in Panama city. 2 full days on the way in before we head to the LOB and about 1.5 days on the way out before we head home! I will check out Casco Viejo!
How long will you be in Panama jake11? We took the train to Colon, loved the train but didn't stay in Colon, then up to Isla Grande, beautiful drive, enjoyed the island very much, didn't dive there, the rooms were terrible, food was good, very peaceful but we were there mid-week. As for in Panama City, Miraflores locks, Casco Viejo - really enjoyed.

Buton, can't wait to read your report on Coiba. Jake, I'm stopping over in Panama on my way back from Colombia. Doing this specifically to go back to Casco Viejo to enjoy some lunch along the seawall and look around some more. It rained in the middle of my last. Visit to CV, so hopeful for a better day. If you've got a day with nothing in particularly planned, I'm still inclined to recommend the train to Colon (and back). One fancy car with bar service runs through the jungle, past part of the canal and the lake.

Buton, can't wait to read your report on Coiba. Jake, I'm stopping over in Panama on my way back from Colombia. Doing this specifically to go back to Casco Viejo to enjoy some lunch along the seawall and look around some more. It rained in the middle of my last. Visit to CV, so hopeful for a better day. If you've got a day with nothing in particularly planned, I'm still inclined to recommend the train to Colon (and back). One fancy car with bar service runs through the jungle, past part of the canal and the lake.

I will do a good review of with pics don't worry, my wife's family lives in Santiago de veraguas I will be there for Christmas and and new years eve. Coiba the seems to be not so popular and and that's make it great...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom