Looking for dive operator in San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floridasungirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're going to San Pedro Jan 2 for our wedding!!!!! While we're there, we'd like to get some bottom time. Any recommendations on dive shops or any locations to be sure to hit.

Thank you!

Where are you staying in san Pedro? There are Number of ops worthy of being recommended, band wouldn't it be nice for you if they were handy to where you are staying, which is why I ask.

We're down at Sunset Beach Condos which in on the south side of the island

While I'm thinking about this what is your skill level and how many dives do anticipate doing?

And congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! Will you be doing any inland adventure?

---------- Post added December 19th, 2012 at 08:43 AM ----------

Okay in no particular order, consider Island Divers, Hugh Parkey Dive Connection, Ramon's Dive Center.

We're both open water with plenty of dives under our (weight) belt. We'll probably want to do one of the full day to the blue hole, the bird island etc. That's why I'm looking for a larger, recommended dive operator that has one of those dives available.

We're going to the mainland for another week after for pyramids and jungle

Fantastic that you are going inland too! Do you have Actun Tunichal Muknal on your list? It's a must do!!

Don't worry about picking an operator that has their own Blue Hole boat. Every dive op will book you on a Blue Hole trip with a boat that is going. Way down at Sunset, you'll have to be picked up at your dock every dive day anyway. You'll just get picked up in the dark that morning.

Watch the weather though before you choose to go. If the weather is bad and seas are rough, the boat will probably still go, but I've seen the trip turn into a vomit comet for some. On bad weather days (clouds, rain, wind, high seas), like I said, the trip can be pretty rough, and while the diving is still good out there, it just can't be compared to when you have a beautiful day. My best day ever on a Blue Hole dive day, was a Christmas Day! Wishing you all the best weather!!

Island Divers get my vote.

San Pedro has many dive operations that offer a great diving experience. We chose Hugh Parkey's Dive Connection and had a great time so much that we have been back 3 times and are planning another trip this summer with them. Kevin and Tina, the owners of the local site run a great operation. The crew are great Izreal did our Advanced Cert, and the next time we went we brought our Son to finish up his OW cert. Belize has little current, Great visibility, the reef has plenty of Marine life and good coral with in 5-10 minutes of a boat ride. Majority of our dives were in and back to shore for our surface intervals, ya its that close. Hugh Parkeys DIve Connections has all Scuba Pro equipment and if you stay at the Sunbreeze Hotel, it is about 30 steps from the hotel and another 30 steps to the water. I have also dove with Amigo's Del Mar to the Blue Hole, It was a good experience, but I always take Hugh Parkey to the Blue hole when they offer it. The Crew are great to be with, friendly, well briefed dives, and plenty of dive sites. They will also clean and store your gear while your not diving. The onsite Resturant "Blue Water Grill" is also outstanding.

Island Divers get my vote.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom