Belize in June 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I, along with another couple that we dive with, are planning a Belize trip in June. We are hearing pros and cons about everything, imagine that. Any ideas out there on resorts and dive ops?

We are signed up for 10 days in May - Five days on AC and 5 days in SI
Have been before and had an excellent time.
Only going to AC because my non-diving wife is going and see asked to go there for part of the trip - other wise we would have gone farther south.
She is Ok with my diving as much as I want so I am ok with her request as well.

To the OP. Where in Belize do you plan to stay for you trip? June is one of my favorite times of year on Ambergris Caye. You didn't say just when you are going in June, but lobster comes back into season on June 15 and there are lobsterfests in a number of places over the next few weeks following that date. Weather should be lovely. If you'd like some direction on where to stay feel free to ask. It's slightly difficult to make recommendations without knowing what you'd like to have and budget range. And even more difficult since you haven't said whether you'd like to be out at Turneffe, stay on Ambergris Caye, go to Hopkins or Placencia etc.

My wife and I, along with another couple that we dive with, are planning a Belize trip in June. We are hearing pros and cons about everything, imagine that. Any ideas out there on resorts and dive ops?

We've been once, and after a lot of research, ended up at Turneffe Flats Resort. While there, we were the only two divers among about a dozen and a half total guests. The resort has been updated since we went, and we can't wait to get back.

Like Chilly mentioned, it's pretty hard to offer suggestions without knowing budget, etc. Depending upon your departure location, flights and possible overnight stops may influence your trip plan. For my wife and I, living in a city that often requires multiple flights and overnight hotel stays influences our trip plans as much as the choice on the final destination. Lots of fine places in Belize with things to see besides the superb diving if that fits your travel. We recommend Turneffe Flats, Turneffe Island Resort, Blackbird Caye, Blue Tang Inn, Hamanasi. There is a great special (7 nights for the price of 4) at Blackbird now but does not fit your dates but they are also going to offer another promotion very soon.

We dove with Sea Sports Belize in Belize City. They were top notch & we had a wonderful time!! Give Linda a call if you like & check out their website. Tell her Wendy Campbell with Foerster Travel recommended them!! Have a wonderful trip!!!

-Wendy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom