Costa Rica diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalRich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings Divers,
Planning a (End of May) Staying at an All inclusuve resort. Diving not included.
I'm loking for so diving input before I book a location.
Thank you in advance for anyone's advice and input.
Good Divin

SoCalRich

What part of Costa Rica are you staying in? If you are in the Guanacaste region (north west) you definitely have to check out rocketfrogdivers. Their site is Scuba Dive Costa Rica. They are a newer site, but their boat puts all the rest in the area to shame. Small groups and new gear as well.. Definitely worth a look.

I would recommend staying in the Playa Flamingo area as it is the closest approach to the Catalina's. I like Costa Rica Diving. Harold is a fun guy and has always had very small groups. He is also very honest and will tell you what the conditions are. Last week we had hoped to dive with him and he warned us off. The surface temp was 70 and there was very poor visibility. I appreciate the fact that he did not waste my money going out to not see anything.

We went a few years ago, and stayed at the Hilton Papagayo and dove with the onsite op Resort Divers.

Back
Top Bottom