New Single Traveller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlisonOK

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a 31 year old female from Newfoundland, Canada. I have completed my pool sessions and am looking to travel to Belize/Costa Rica to complete my open water dives. I am looking for a travel buddy or any suggestions about travelling to these destinations. Thanks!

Check with local dive shops... any groups going?

I'd head for Belize, Costa Rica isn't all that big a deal- either side.

Alison, what would you like to know about traveling to Belize. I should be able to help you out but would like a bit more input from you. Also, have you considered adding Roatan to your destination list?

Hi Allison,

When are you looking to go? I am also a single diver, always looking for a travel buddy to dive destinations!

I'm a 31 year old female from Newfoundland, Canada. I have completed my pool sessions and am looking to travel to Belize/Costa Rica to complete my open water dives. I am looking for a travel buddy or any suggestions about travelling to these destinations. Thanks!

Hi Allison,
A small group of us are going back down to Belize , Ambergris Caye for a week of diving ..if you're interested in joining us drop me a line at renegadediver24@yahoo.com and I'll send you the information. Safe diving, Marcie

Hi first post here :wink: I'm a single female too - I live in western australia - and travel diving is my passion. It's hard to find someone willing to buddy up and do a round trip of 23,000km to dive a particular site..so I just go by myself. Don't let lack of a buddy stop you, what's the worst that can happen? You end up with the dm as your buddy which has always been fine by me. Looks like you will find plenty of buddies here. Happy bubbles

Hi- single too and on a continual hunt for good and fun divers..a few of us are heading down to Belize again 'cause the diving is stellar...some coming from N.Y. and Tampa...we're hoping on an American Airline ft. May 11 direct Belize City returning May 18 ..Miami..we are tons of fun and have rooms booked at Ramons Resort..we rock! so if you're interested in jumping onboard w/ us ..drop me a line ...............renegadediver24@yahoo.com ciao, Marcie

Hi Alison,

Give ReefCI a look. I think their running a singles special sometime in Feb.

Belize is a great place for diving.

Kind regards

Hi Edward,
We are in Ft. Lauderdale and are heading back down to Belize in May if you're interested. Safe diving , Marcie

Just do it! I'm single (although male, not female, which often makes it easier to travel that way especially in central America). Much as I'd love to have a traveling buddy, most can't find the $$$ (if they have the time) or the time (if they have the $$$).

I've never been to Costa Rica but the diving in Belize is pretty darned good and you are pretty safe if you are away from Belize City.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom