Belize - Whale Shark Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kmludwig76

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So it appears that every year, there are specific weeks each month that the whale sharks show up based on full moon, etc, etc.

Seems there are lots of options if the intent is to try and see some whale sharks... I see Placencia, Hamanasi, etc. I am looking for information on what these options entail in terms of diving OUTSIDE of the whale shark dives. Is there a general consensus within Belize as to the best reef dives, where to find bigger stuff, etc?

Would love to schedule the end of May somewhere to coincide with the whale shark possibilities, but also do some other dives. Beach is a plus, cost is negotiable.

I have checked out Splash Dive Center in Placencia as well as Hamanasi's website in regards to the whale shark options... would be great to hear some feedback from people that have done these over the years as it seems difficult finding good info on these whale shark excursions.

Thanks,

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom