San Jose, Costa rica: hotel advice & what to do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan_pires

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning to go on the Wind Dancer to Cocos Island and will spend a night in San Jose.

Got a couple of questions:-

1. If you had a choice of Indigo Hotel or Holiday Inn San Jose Escazu which hotel would you choose?

2. I'll be staying in San Jose for 2 nights including a whole day. What should I see? Recommend any nice bars in the evening?

Cheers,

Alan

1. I haven't stayed at either. Based on location, Holiday Inn is walking distance to the very upscale Mutiplaza Mall. Several resturants and bars are just across the freeway. However, taxis are readily available and cheap so walking distance isn't all that important. 2. If you have a whole day, my advice is to get out of the city as fast as possible. I've done zip lining an hour out of the city (regular forest, not a cloud or rain forest). I've also done an amazing rafting tour down the River Pacuare. CR is tour central. Dancer or the hotel can set up either which include hotel pick-ups.

Last edited:
San Jose isnt a bad city, but its true, there are all kinds of day trips you could do. If you will be seeing enough water and beach while visiting the Cocos, you could always visit one of volcanoes in the area. A day trip to Monteverde would also be a decent way to spend the day.

Enjoy the Cocos!

I found San Jose to be the least attractive thing about Costa Rica...I would follow the advice and get out of town. Congested and seedy. IMHO. Loved most of CR tho. Big City and lots of pobrecitos.

I don't care for LA or NY either.

QUOTE=alan_pires;6722691]I'm planning to go on the Wind Dancer to Cocos Island and will spend a night in San Jose.

Got a couple of questions:-

1. If you had a choice of Indigo Hotel or Holiday Inn San Jose Escazu which hotel would you choose?

2. I'll be staying in San Jose for 2 nights including a whole day. What should I see? Recommend any nice bars in the evening?

Cheers,

Alan[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom