Where to move?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoomzx11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Dove all over Florida, Keys, Gulf of Mexico and theDominican Republic I want to retire where there is good affordable diving. Looking for decent to good viz, fish to shoot and affordable living. I speak Spanish. Looking at Panama but concerned that the visibility is not so great. Bahamas is too expensive and too many Bahamanians who do not like whites. Hoping one of you would have some ideas or a place I overlooked.

Have you thought about the Philippines? I know of several Expats that have retired there. I always got along great with the people.

Reactions: Doc
Belize?

Philippines (everybody speaks & understands English and some Spanish too!) and the Coral Triangle: the most biodiverse & concentrated region of marine species on the planet. . .

Coral Triangle | Places | WWF
Coral Triangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or get a job here with housing & meals provided for . . . On US Army Base Kwajalein Atoll/Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Test Site:

https://www.krsjv.com/Pages/CareersNew.aspx

And home to the largest most active Scuba Diving Club in the Central Tropical Pacific:

Kwajalein Scuba Club

at that point in life when you start to need quality medical attention readily available you want to move to an underdeveloped country?

Reactions: Doc
Philippines (everybody speaks & understands English and some Spanish too!) and the Coral Triangle: the most biodiverse & concentrated region of marine species on the planet. . .

Coral Triangle | Places | WWF
Coral Triangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or get a job here with housing & meals provided for . . . On US Army Base Kwajalein Atoll/Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Test Site:

https://www.krsjv.com/Pages/CareersNew.aspx

And home to the largest most active Scuba Diving Club in the Central Tropical Pacific:

Kwajalein Scuba Club

I browsed the available careers and couldn't find "bartender." Was I looking in the wrong spot?

at that point in life when you start to need quality medical attention readily available you want to move to an underdeveloped country?

Now that everyone has taken a shot at beating up this statement....

Some have jumped in noting that their suggested countries might not fit under this exact descriptor- they have recognized medical services.

It does, however, apply to most choices that fit the otherwise definition of "paradise".

Big old dogs that live in the tropics have shortened lives, but they do have a pretty good run while they're on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom