Hamanasi or CoCo View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a week in mid June. Which one and why? We really like the over water hut at CoCo but getting there is harder. We are used to resorts like Palace and Sandals.

Hamanasi's dive sites are quite far from shore. Please advise why it is more difficult to get to Roatan than it is to Belize? Other than days of flights, from here it is almost an equal journey not to mention that Cocoview is significantly easier to get to once the international flight touches down.

That said, weren't you looking for an upscale place with some romanctic ambiance? In fhat regard, I'd leave Cocoview off the list. JMO

Hamanasi's dive sites are quite far from shore. Please advise why it is more difficult to get to Roatan than it is to Belize? Other than days of flights, from here it is almost an equal journey not to mention that Cocoview is significantly easier to get to once the international flight touches down.

That said, weren't you looking for an upscale place with some romanctic ambiance? In fhat regard, I'd leave Cocoview off the list. JMO

I have to work every Sat and to take 2 off in the same month requires and act of God. Living in Atlanta Delta only flys to RTB on Sat for a direct flight or any flight for that matter. I usually fly Sun to Sun and that would have to be on United and go through Houston. I am looking for the better of the 2 for diving but would love and over the water hut as my wife has wanted to stay in one for awhile. I was just referencing where we have stayed to get an idea. In the past year we have been to the Bahamas, Galapagos, Coz and Can.

If you liked Sandals, go Hamanasi.

CCV is a diver's resort, plain and simple.

A quick look at their websites will speak volumes. CCV is set in a Robinson Crusoe feel with shore access to what I believe is the best diving on Roatan. "Romantic" means different things to different people, but my wife prefers the ambiance of places in the realm of CCV. Yes, 16 the of the 28 rooms that are on stilts over the active changing reef have great allure. Great boats and easy to do 27 in a week, some people dive even more.

Hamanasi is a well appointed lux resort that also offers some access to the close-in reefs of Belize. It is sited on the mainland, but the great bulk of fabled diving in Belize is done from the offshore cays, some 40 miles East into the Caribbean. The boat trips give you two dives, the all day trips offer 3. Salon treatments and sit down dining with cloth table covers, plus you can dress up for dinner.

For being 90 miles apart, there is a world of difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom