Liveaboard and Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdchandl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question regarding weather when on a liveaboard- If there are pending T-storms do you still dive. Might be a silly question but I'm not familiar. Needing to think about what it pack if the weeks trip will be fraught with t-storms and we spend the week topside.

Thanks all.

We leave it up to the diver. The dive may be delayed or on schedule, depending on how close the squall line is to the boat, but we rarely miss a dive because of lightening. Other boats may have different policies. Check with your specific boat.

Music to my ears... play it safe.

Thanks muchly

I don't dive during storms and it has nothing to do with lightning or currents. Getting back on the boat can be from challenging to down right dangerous. That dive ladder pitching like a bronco trying to hurl you back into the sea can and often does injure divers. Stay safe, stay on board, the ocean will still be there.

Back
Top Bottom