Dive Charters-Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

verycoldmonkey

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. My Family and I are going to Costa Rica in the Spring. We are staying on the Pacific side and were wondering about dive charters/Dive locations. If you know any please reply. Thanks:)

I can recommend both Rocket Frog and Ocotal Beach Resort in Ocotal (just south of Playa de Coco).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife got certified at El Ocotal and it was outstanding then (2005). We have since heard some less than favorable reports. There is great diving at the Catalinas and it is much closer to Flamingo than Ocotal. We have been very happy with Costa Rica Diving on the way into Flamingo.

Drake Bay is the closest point to Isla Del Cano and the diving there is great. We stayed at Jinetes De Osa last year and had mixed feelings about the dive operation. The divemaster was very disappointing the first day with him, the next day their boat was down and they put us on another operations boat with an excellent divemaster. The third day, after complaining about the original dives the divemaster was much more engaged. We have also gone to Cano from Uvita with Mad About Diving and they were great, it saves the hassle of getting to Drake Bay, but its a long boat ride to Cano. he area around Uvita and Ojochal is our favorite part of CR.

Hi there. My Family and I are going to Costa Rica in the Spring. We are staying on the Pacific side and were wondering about dive charters/Dive locations. If you know any please reply. Thanks:)

You didn't indicate that you had booked anything specific yet. My wife and I went to Costa Rica about seven years ago, and stayed at the Hilton Papagayo and dove with the on-site dive op, Resort Divers. We just rebooked for a week in May and can't wait to get back. We found the resort and the diving to more than meet our expectations.

Ok thank you

---------- Post added February 5th, 2014 at 11:29 PM ----------

Ok Great

---------- Post added February 5th, 2014 at 11:30 PM ----------

Thank you We will certainly look into that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom