Diving Costa Rica in early November??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfox007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Everyone,

I will be traveling to Costa Rica for a company trip from November 3rd thru November 8th. Does anyone have any feedback on diving conditions and visibility? We are staying at the Marriott Los Suenos in Herradura. I know it's the "end" of the rainy season down there, but I'm hoping for some good conditions. Any recommendations on a LDS down there as well?

Thanks!!

-Mike

Hola Mike, We will be your nearest shop at the beginning of November as Herradura divers normally doesn't open until middle of December. My recommendation would be to see if you can get to Cano island for the day. From Herradura you would be looking at about a 90min drive to get to where the boat leaves at least so this is something to consider. For local diving, we will be diving from November 1st onwards in Manuel Antonio. Obviously we won't know what the visibility will be like, so I would say to ring the shop once in country and see what the viz has been like that day. our shop for local diving is about a 60 minute drive south of you. Hope that helps!

Thanks Scubabunny!!

There will be a few of us that dive. I will definitely get in touch with you guys as we get closer to the trip. I'll be sending out an e-mail to those within my company that will be going as well to see if anyone is interested in diving. My company has the entire Marriott resort reserved, so there will be quite a few of us. Hopefully we can get a handful of people to go diving.

Thanks!!

- Mike

I'll also be in Costa Rica in November, but a bit later in the month - the 16th to the 23rd, staying near Dominical. Are there scuba options near there?

Yep, we are about 30 minutes from Dominical. Your best bet would be cano island, to run a trip you normally need at least 5 divers so if you are looking at that l me know ahead of time what dates specifically and we can see if ewe can get a trip together for you. Boats will run out just south of Dominical.

Yep, we are about 30 minutes from Dominical. Your best bet would be cano island, to run a trip you normally need at least 5 divers so if you are looking at that l me know ahead of time what dates specifically and we can see if ewe can get a trip together for you. Boats will run out just south of Dominical.

We'll be flying in to SJO on 11/16 and flying back home on 11/23- how exciting to start putting something on the books!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom