December dive trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone, my best friend got certified in Honduras a couple weeks ago on his honeymoon and we both have the month of December free and want to head somewhere in central america for a dive trip. Any suggestion on places to go. We are also big surfers so would like a place where we can surf as well. Looking to do about a 15 day trip. Also do u recommend i bring my own dive gear, as i am very comfortable in it. And only plan on wearing boardshorts and tank tops everyday i wont have to bring much luggage.

Costa Rica, pacific coast. Dominical is a good place, you can surf and dive cano island or manuel antonio where you can dive manuel antonio, cano as well as surf.

Bocas del Toro in Panama would be a good choice, especially for a new diver. There are more than 20 dive sites that are easily accessible, and you can go surfing the same day. The last two times I dove there, I dove with expats living in Costa Rica who told me they came to Bocas because the diving was much better and there was more to see. Bocas Water Sports includes all the gear you might need in the cost of their dives.

Having dove in both places, I hate to disagree but i find much less life in Bocas when I was there last year. Has better viz but no point in my book if there is nothing to see! Just my humble opinion : )

Santa Catalina Panama has both diving and Surfing.

For a beginning diver, Santa Catalina - yes. But, while Coiba is probably the best diving in Panama, it's not a good choice for a beginner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom