Central America - Budget Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goosev2

New
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a great budget liveaboard diving location for central America. We are planning to go in late May 2015.

Thanks so much.

Jason

What's your prior diving experience? About how many lifetime dives do you have? Are you wanting to dive the Caribbean or Pacific side? Any idea roughly what area you're interested in? What base live-aboard price are you hoping to find?

Richard.

Reactions: Doc
Define "budget". I know of several $2500 options. None under that.

Define "budget". I know of several $2500 options. None under that.

I remember doing a great Nekton cruise in Belize and I think it was around $1500 per diver, those were the days!

Hello, Can anyone recommend a great budget liveaboard diving location for central America. We are planning to go in late May 2015. Thanks so much. Jason

Well, this is not Central America but it is Caribbean; the Explorer Ventures are running discounted cruise specials during different weeks throughout the year, and the Saba/St. Kitts trip is great and it's pretty reasonably priced. The base price is $1995 per diver and if you can get $300 off that it would be a "budget" price IMO.

If you can't find what you are looking for in Central America at this time, Saba might be an alternative to consider but I don't see any May dates; see the link below. The liveaboard diving in Turks and Caicos is better but expensive.

I am planning to go to the Our World Underwater Dive Show in Chicago this weekend; if I see any "budget liveaboard deals" being offered, I will let you know.

Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving: Specials

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom