Is CoCo View for us?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My husband and I are currently taking our confined water scuba lessons and will have our open water certification this summer. We are looking for our first trip. At the Our World Underwater show in Chicago this weekend we found CoCo View seemed to appeal to us both. Now here is the dilemma-

We want a trip where we can dive, a place that would be excellent for newbies like us, but we are not sure that we only want to dive. We are used to the all-inclusive Sandals type vacation where theres alot of relaxing and we do like to have a few drinks. We are wondering if we will fit in at CoCo View if we are not hard core divers who want to go out 2-3 times a day. The laid back accomodations, the island itself and the diving all appeal very much, we just don't know how we'd be viewed if maybe we didn't dive a couple of the days we were there.

Any comments would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,
Julie

CCV really is oriented toward individuals seeking mass quantities of nitrogen (i.e., bottom time). Yes you can go in to town or do an out island day trip, but the main activity is still diving (and it is great, easy diving!!). This is going to be the case for most Bay Island facilities. At Anthony's Key, you will have a few additional options (horseback riding, kayaks, dolphin dives, Tabayana Beach outing), but again, the majority of your time is diving!

Originally posted by Juls64
My husband and I are currently taking our confined water scuba lessons and will have our open water certification this summer. We are looking for our first trip. At the Our World Underwater show in Chicago this weekend we found CoCo View seemed to appeal to us both. Now here is the dilemma-

We want a trip where we can dive, a place that would be excellent for newbies like us, but we are not sure that we only want to dive. We are used to the all-inclusive Sandals type vacation where theres alot of relaxing and we do like to have a few drinks. We are wondering if we will fit in at CoCo View if we are not hard core divers who want to go out 2-3 times a day. The laid back accomodations, the island itself and the diving all appeal very much, we just don't know how we'd be viewed if maybe we didn't dive a couple of the days we were there.

Any comments would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,
Julie

I love CoCo View Resort! My four trips there have been no less than fantastic every time. You don't have to be hard core divers and don't worry about what anyone will say or think if you don't dive. It's not a contest to see who can dive the most! You are encouraged to do whatever you please whether that is laying in a hammock all day, diving, or taking advantage any of the many scheduled activities outside the resort. Among those things already mentioned, there island tours, daily shoppijng excursions, health spa and a new helicopter tour based on CCV island. Basically, anything you want to do can be arranged. The whole CCV staff will do anything they can to make your stay a perfect one!

And the diving...oy vey! Light or no currents, vertical walls as well as shallow reefs. Two 2-tank boat dives a day are available if you wish or you can sit in the bar or hot tub with a chilled beverage watching the divers go to and fro. Your daily activities are titally up to you.

If you have any specific questions, just ask!

Question..... If you had to chose between Coco View or Anthony's which would you chose?

Some questions that I have are:

- can you do the dolphin diving at Coco's as well?
- Are drinks included at Coco's?
-Are the 2 resorts close by each other?

I'm debating between these 2 resorts for labor day weekend...

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Originally posted by tx.lakerats
Question..... If you had to chose between Coco View or Anthony's which would you chose?

Some questions that I have are:

- can you do the dolphin diving at Coco's as well?
- Are drinks included at Coco's?
-Are the 2 resorts close by each other?

I'm debating between these 2 resorts for labor day weekend...

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

~~Yes, arrangements are easily made for you to do the dolphin diving at AKR even if you are staying at CCV

~~No. You get a welcome drink. Beyond that, you run a bar tab.

~~No. CCV is on the south side of the island, AKR is on the north side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom