Guiness record!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania

Cousin Itt
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On 19th June we will try to beat the guiness record - how many divers can at the same time dive in a lake. 2 years ago they set the record in south Africa and it was 592 divers.
So - come to Poland to Gizycko (Northern part of Poland) and join us!!!!!!
Mania

Gilboa? From pictures it looks like Dutch Springs is significantly larger. I'd think it would be more likely.. but 592 divers is a lot of guys.

Anyone who has been to both know which is larger?

The lake we will most probably use is called Mamry and it's the second biggest lake in Poland - 104 sq. km. 44m deep. So I think that quite a lot of us can dive there.....
Hope you will all come!!!!!!
Mania
PS. Here are some pictures of this and other lakes as well as the area of Poland that's called Mazury (our lakeland - there are several thousands of lakes) and this is one the most beautifull places in the world.
http://www.masuren-online.de/galerie/index.htm
And finally I found a web page about Gizycko in English....
http://www.yuste.org/latoile/gizycko.asp

Jonnythan - I heard that at DUI Demo days last year they had 5,000 people at Gilboa. I know on a regular busy weekend, they'll easily draw 1,000. Maybe not at all at once, but it's an absolute zoo on a weekend in the summer there.

Mania - good luck! Poland's a bit far for me to drive to, what with gear and all. :wink:

It just seems like 1000 divers because they're all in the shallow end :wink:

R

I wish i could but got to start working now! Diving season has started and Easter is on the way. Maybe next time we will make it up to Poland! How cold is the water?

mobymark:
I wish i could but got to start working now! Diving season has started and Easter is on the way. Maybe next time we will make it up to Poland! How cold is the water?

It depends. During the winter - around 2 - 3 centigrades (of course under the ice). Spring - let's say it's 5 centigrades. Summer - above thermoclime may be even 20 but below it's betwee 5 - 10 centigrades. So in fact you need either the dry suit or for the summer 7+7mm wet one. But some of the lakes are really incredible!!!!!
So come any time you want - just let me know beforehand. As I wrote before Mazury is one the most beautifull areas in the world.
Mania

No relation. Just a guy with nothing to do but have fun! Our season starts now so posting will come less as we get busy. Ill try to keep up!

Back
Top Bottom