Sept/Oct 2014 diving in Croatia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldwaterdufus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There wasn't a lot of response below, but I'll try anyway. I'm looking for dive shops recommendations in Croatia. I'm AOW, (drysuit) so most of the wrecks to the north around Pula are a bit too deep for my cert level. I am comfortable to 40 meters. 250 dives, mostly cold water. I'm looking for 2 good dive shops, one around Zadar ( Kornati Nat Park ) and the other around the islands of Brac, Hvar or Korcula. 2-3 days of diving each. I've read all the posts, know there isn't a lot of fish, and know to avoid the Dubrovnik area with all the cruise ship passengers. I've also read good things about the Zadar / Dugi Otok area, also overcrowding at Murter.

Nothing is written in stone yet, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My drysuit ( plus associated gear ) is fairly bulky to pack. I do have a 5 ml wetsuit I could take. Does anybody know if the 5 ml will be enough or do I need to rent a drysuit or thicker wetsuit ? I don't have a lot of natural insulation at 150 lbs.

Thanks in advance

Glen

We regulary use 5 ml wet here in Dubrovnik from May to October so wetsuit will be enough. I'm sory but I can't recommend dive shop. I hope there are somebody from target area.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Butinik, thanks for the info. Good to know

I'll bump this up, as my wife and I will be in Croatia in September and are looking to dive a day or two. We will need to rent gear as well.

Croatia doesn't look that compelling (for diving), no offense, but we will be there and if we can get wet without major expense or effort we will. Any advice is welcome.

I just got back from a week's diving in Croatia. We were mainly based over in Krnica diving with Krnica Dive Centre on the other side of Istra, but we did head out with these guys Diving Center Indie to dive the Baron Gautsch. That side of the peninsula seems to have more diving in the recreational range than Krnica/Plomin area. We did our own dive, but they do have guides in the water if you want to be guided. The Baron Gautsch is a good dive, but it's a popular dive and there were 3 boats of divers on it at once. The wreck is big enough that's not too much of an issue during the dive, but we counted at least 15 divers on the shot line during our deco. We ascended just off of the shot, but there was a small bit of current running, so if you do ascend off the shot line, be mindful of staying near it.
While we brought all of our own kit, including tanks (we were diving twinsets), the dive centre did have rental gear and provided nitrox and trimix. Their rental cylinders were 15 litre.
There are a couple of thermoclines as well. Water temperature at the surface was 28* C, and around 18-20*C at 30m. We were in drysuits as were a couple of others (all the twinset divers really), everyone else were in wetsuits, no idea of the thickness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom