Arkansas dive buddies needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jsour01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys, I am a new diver who is trying to meet some dive buddies in or around Arkansas. I have my OW and am working on my AOW. I have done freshwater and saltwater dives and have also done boat and shore dives. I have my own boat and would like to meet some new people with the same passion for diving that I have.

Also, is anybody diving AR now? If so where you diving at, how is vis, and what is water temp? Are you guys using dry suits or just a 7mm.

I thought I could hold out until April/may to start diving again.......but I just can't. I am available to dive anytime from January 30th to February 11th ( work schedule is two weeks on and two weeks off).

midwestmuckdiving.com

Mansfield conway or Little Rock area?

This time of year the water is harsh a dry suit is best but a good 7mm can get you by depending on how tough you are. under the water is not the problem its when you go to get out!
I dive year around here in Ar in a 7mm and its not to bad.

I live in Mansfield. Don't know if I am tough but lived in Wyoming and worked in 40 below weather for most of my life! Where do you dive?

I dive Table Rock Lake in Missouri, Beaver lake in Arkansas, Bull Shoals in Mo & AR & Norfork in AR.
We should get together sometime.

Like dweller I dive beaver, bull, norfork lake's and any were in between.

We mostly dive Ouachita, hit me up if you want to come along. We usually wait until after Memorial Day. It's been a long winter:wink:

Thanks for the invite! Look forward to meeting up with you guys and doing some diving!!

I live in West Tennesse, but do a lot of fishing in Texas and Arkansas, mostly Greers, DeGray and Ouchata. When the temp is right I'll bring my dive gear and compressor and camp for a few days fishin' and divin'. There Stripers in Ouachita are fantastic across from Brady in the river channel. Full of trees in 60'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom