Halcyon Explorer Wing - 55 Lb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldwaterdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Halcyon BC Wings are simply and unequivicably the absolute best bouyancy compensator wings available. The Halcyon Explorer BC Wing is the cornerstone of their line; made to stand up the rigours of cave diving, designed in accordance with the Doing it Right philosophy of diving.

This wing was purchased new approx. 5 years ago and has seen under 15 dives. I am selling as I am returning to recreational singles diving. It is used but is in excellent (almost new) condition.

It is designed for 55 lb lift capacity, which is ample (suitable for double steel 104's).

The Halcyon sells for approx. $440 at Halcyon, plus applicable taxes and shipping. I have priced the Buy it Now option at a low $220, 50% of the cost to buy new.

The following text is extracted from their website: Explorer BC Systems | Halcyon Dive Systems

The Halcyon buoyancy compensator is designed to meet the demands of any diving environment. Carefully tailored shapes support reduced drag and greater in-water efficiency across our entire line of buoyancy compensators. Moreover, you can rely upon Halcyon quality to support any environment you want to explore. Careful attention to detail, together with a long history as extremely active explorers have culminated in designs of rugged functionality.

All Halcyon BCs include:
1000 Denier DWR Urethane Coated Nylon outer shell allows the superior abrasion resistance
Urethane coated, 400-denier nylon inner bladder for puncture resistance without stiffness
Halcyon inner bladders are RF welded with a lifetime warranty on all seams
22” Preferred length LP hose
OEM inflator with corrugated hose
Corrugated hose strain relief to reduce stress on the inflation connections
Heavy duty zipper to allow easy access, if needed, to the inner bladder
Rapid water drainage via SS grommet holes or Texteline mesh
Our classic Halcyon Explorer carries a time-honored tradition; in fact, its rugged construction is the foundation for an entire lineage of Halcyon buoyancy compensators. The Explorer wing is available in two lift capacities and is appropriate for a wide range of double-tank gear configurations. The Explorer series offers a proven design that remains popular in a wide range of diving environments.

For Sale on EBay
Halcyon BC BCD Bouyancy Compensator Wing Explorer DIR on eBay.ca (item 200579202749 end time 28-Feb-11 15:36:51 EST)

to me =) picking it up this weekend!

Hello,

I have a Halcyon 55 lb wing that I would be inclined to take offers on...

Who else is looking for a doubles wing right now?

Back
Top Bottom