Apeks WTX6 Wing - Light Use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleJaybles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Doubles Divers,

I'm getting this wing off my hands - hopefully someone can put it to more use than I can! It's too big for me. This wing was included in a doubles setup I bought off a friend who started his training and then went out an got a back injury, so no more doubles diving for him. However, I have purchased a smaller 45 lb wing which fits me better, so I haven't any use for this one.

This wing has been in the pool perhaps 2-3 times and in the ocean 2 times. Unfortunately, after sitting in a garage for about a year and a half, some of the oxidation from the tanks has crept into the fabric of the wing (see photo below). I rinsed it in preparation for sale, but it didn't seem to get rid of too much of it. An application of vinegar might do the trick if you really care that much about a part of the wing you'll never see anyways.

Anyway, I have inspected it thoroughly and have found no faults. I inflated it and left it for a week and there is no perceptible leakage from the bladder. The interior air bladder appears completely new and the exterior is in pretty good shape... I think it's just a bit dusty from being in a garage for so long. Inflator mechanism works just like it should.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Northeast Scuba Supply is selling these for $335 currently. I would like to get about $200 for it, but serious offers will be considered. Keep in mind that shipping is on me so long as you are located in the US. I will ship USPS Priority at my expense.

Cheers!
-John

IMG_6780.jpgIMG_6781.jpgIMG_6782.jpgIMG_6783.jpgIMG_6785.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom