Anyone with an Aqualung Dimension i3 BC RECEIPT? HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akivisuals

Contributor
Reaction score
As with many of you here, I bought a secondhand piece of gear for diving. It was an Aqualung Dimension i3 BCD in great condition. Since I got it from a 2nd party there was no purchase receipt from the original purchaser. Now, the BC is at Aqualung with a leak and a valve that sticks open. If I had a receipt for it, Aqualung would replace the unit but the guy I bought it from no longer has the receipt. It was purchased at a dive shop at a destination and he threw away the receipt since he was selling the BC. So to make a long story short, I need a copy of a receipt for an Aqualung Dimension i3 BCD to get the unit replaced otherwise I'm out several hundred dollars.... Would anyone care to help me out with a copy of their receipt? I'll gladly send a "thank you" gift to anyone who can help me out. Please help!

It is probably leaking from the stuck valve. What do you mean by valve? Is it the overpressure relief or the auto inflator? Fix it yourself by removing, dismantling the valve and give it a good cleaning. Re-assemble and check for leaks. Problem solved.

It is probably leaking from the stuck valve. What do you mean by valve? Is it the overpressure relief or the auto inflator? Fix it yourself by removing, dismantling the valve and give it a good cleaning. Re-assemble and check for leaks. Problem solved.

No, it's not leaking from the stuck valve. I mean it is, but that's not the cause. If it were that easy it'd be fixed by now. Aqualung has it and has told my LDS that it's a non-repairable deal. The valve can be fixed with some replacement rods that connect the lever to the valve but the leaks cannot. It's not as easy as "removing, dismantling the valve and give it a good cleaning".

If it was purchased from an authorized Aqualung dealer then the serial number was registered with Aqualung. Aqualung will know who purchased the BCD and if they do not then either it was not registered or it was not purchased from an authorized dealer.

I'm not sure how a receipt will help you since the receipt should have the serial number associated with the sale.

If it was purchased from an authorized Aqualung dealer then the serial number was registered with Aqualung. Aqualung will know who purchased the BCD
That would've been my thought also.
The limited warranty is extended only to the original purchaser for purchases made from an Authorized Aqua Lung America Dealer and is not transferable. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement only at the discretion of Aqua Lung America.
It appears that you're attempting to put something on Aqualung that is clearly not their responsibility. You bought it used so as the second owner you lost all your rights to warranty claims.

Also did the seller do this?
When you purchase a regulator, alternate air source, buoyancy compensator or dive computer from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer, please ask your dealer to register your product online or visit the Product Registration page.
My Scubapro dealer does it for gear I purchase in an attempt to keep from having to deal with situations like this. I think most mainstream brands do as well.

Obviously it wasn't in "great condition" either. I'd either ask the seller to take it back or for the cash for the repair. Did you break it or was it already broken when you received it? You yourself stated it was bought from the original owner. How many owners should Aqualung provide free repair service for in spite of their clearly stated policy?

Aqualung also pro-rates warranty repair based on time/usage so assuming they know when it was originally sold that may also be a factor. Details are here but even if you do find a receipt, it appears that depending on age there's a cut-off for what they'll fix free also.

Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use - Warranty Programs

I would never buy an I3. It's an overcomplication of a very simple process. So when things go wrong, they really do. As witnessed here.
$25 for a new standard power inflator and 5 mins. to replace 2 cable ties and your non-I3 BC would be completely functional now.

This is a perfect example of why second hand scuba gear goes for so much less than the retail price. When a person walks out of a store after purchasing gear they are the one and only holder of the warranty and guarantee on the gear. Any sale afterwards makes this warranty void. The second hand buyer therefore assumes all the risk when purchasing the gear. In my opinion (obviously dependent on the gear in question) this warranty is worth at least a third of the retail price. It always amazes me when people try to resell gear for just under retail...

I might have what you are looking for but its in Canada and I purchased 3+ years ago and sold size M.

Steve's hit the nail on the head, newbie mistake for us buying that POS. Funny when we did our rescue course someone had an I3 with the same problem. Well similar in that the value didn't release.

Nobody here would buy our 2 I3's..lol I had to eBay them. They might have been 3 yrs old but 12 dives total.

I bought the BC when I was getting my OW Cert done. In retrospect, I would've probably gone a different way but I guess that's part of the learning process. Over the course of the past year I've learned the importance of buying scuba gear new vs. used. Some stuff doesn't seem to matter quite as much but the computer, BC, and regs benefit from the warranty. Beginner's mistake I guess. Apart from getting nailed for buying this "POS", I've learned some valuable lessons.

You might ask Aqua Lung if they might want to repair it for free to possibly offset some of the horrible press they are getting here.

I bought the BC when I was getting my OW Cert done. In retrospect, I would've probably gone a different way but I guess that's part of the learning process. Over the course of the past year I've learned the importance of buying scuba gear new vs. used. Some stuff doesn't seem to matter quite as much but the computer, BC, and regs benefit from the warranty. Beginner's mistake I guess. Apart from getting nailed for buying this "POS", I've learned some valuable lessons.

I'm probably less experienced than you, but from what I know, I would want a warranty on a computer (unless it was sold cheap enough to consider it disposable). But, for a decent quality BC or reg I wouldn't be concerned about a warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom