Viking Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiedtc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Size 3 Viking Dry Suit. Neck seal and wrist cuffs in good condition, but there is a tear on the dry suit hood (See Picture below). The hood can either be removed or can be replaced pretty easily by most dive shops. Purchase of this dry suit includes the following:
- XL U.S. Divers insulated long underwear
- Dry suit cuffs and dry gloves with insulated gloves
- One pair of ankle weights
- Insulated dry hood bonnet
- Inflator hose with swivel: Please note that the dry suit does not come with an inflator hose port plug
- Viking repair patch kit, includes patches glue, talcum powder and zipper wax
- Viking dry suit carry bag

For size comparison: I am 6'3" tall and wear a size 12 shoe and wore this suit. I am selling it because I do not dive too much anymore like I once did! It certainly keeps you dry and warm when ice diving and diving in The Great Lakes!

Asking $350.00 plus shipping.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Attachments

• DSC_0163.jpg
    DSC_0163.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 939
  • DSC_0165.jpg
    DSC_0165.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 300
what does it mean by the inflator host not having a port plug? are you talking about the plug that screws into the regulator when you input another hose?

When I say that the suit does not come with the inflator hose port plug, I am referring to the plug that can be placed into the inflator hose port on the drysuit itself when the deflator hose is detached. For instance if you take off you tank and BC and want to just float around, you have the inflator hose port on the drysuit that is open and can take on water without the inflator hose attached. I hope that explains it?

For clarification, the suit is not equipped with an inflation mechanism. The suit requires this part so that an inflation hose may fill the suit. The required part is standardized, so any dry suit inflation mechanism should be compatible and can be easily installed in two or three minutes. The port plug mentioned prevents water from entering the suit when it's used for other water sports like sailboarding. Hope this helps.

I realize this is after the fact but if whoever bought the suit is in need of either a plug for that valve, a spare hose, or a new valve, give me a yell.
Those old SPORT inflator valves were some really oddball things, half the inflator valve (or all of it actually) is in the hose end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom